- Function Keys (F1-F5) - Access menus and menu options.
- Cycle Start - Starts a program or a program simulation in graphics mode.
- Arrow Keys - Shows you different menus (up/down), and selects pulse jog rates (left/right).
Feed Hold - Stops all axis motion during a program. The spindle continues to turn.
note: Press CYCLE START to cancel feed hold.
- Color LCD.
- Holster - Holds and turns off the RJH when not in use.
- Shuttle Jog Knob - Jogs the axes at different speeds.
- Pulse Wheel - Jogs a selected axis by the selected increment per click. The pulse wheel is equivalent to the jog handle on the control.
- Axis Selection Thumb Knob - Used to select and jog one of the available axes.
Press a key on the RJH during shuttle jogging to stop all axis motion.
The message Button pressed while axis was moving—Reselect Axis appears on the display. Move the axis selection thumb knob to a different axis to clear.
Press FEED HOLD while the spindle turns and the control is in HANDLE JOG mode. This stops the spindle.
If you move the axis selection thumb knob, while you use the shuttle jog knob, the message Axis selection changed while axis was moving—Reselect Axis appears on the display. All axis motion stops. Move the axis selection knob to a different axis to clear the error.
If you rotate the pulse wheel while you use the shuttle jog knob, the message Conflicting jog commands— Reselect Axis appears on the RJH display. All axis motion stops. Move the axis selection knob to a different axis to clear the error, then back to reselect the previously selected axis.
If contact between the RJH and the control is broken for any reason, while you use the shuttle jog knob, all axis motion stops. After you connect the RJH to the control, the message RJH / Control Communication Fault—Reselect Axis appears on the RJH display. Move the axis selection knob to clear the error. If the error does not clear, place the RJH in the holster, wait for it to power off, and then remove it from the holster.
When you select a mode on the control pendant, the RJH shows you a screen related to that mode. The different modes for the RJH are:
- EDIT - The RJH shows you the message RJH inactive. There is no RJH menu available.
- MEM / MDI DNC (MEM Menu / MDI Menu) - From this menu, you can access the single block, optional stop, block delete, and coolant function keys.
- HAND JOG - The RJH shows you the Set Tool Offsets Menu. From this menu, you can set work and tool offsets. You can access manual jogging from this menu.
- ZERO RET / LIST PROG - The RJH shows you a menu similar to the MEM Menu. No function keys are available in this menu.
Manual Jogging Menu
The Manual Jogging Menu lets you jog the axes to a desired position. To access this menu, do these steps:
- Press HAND JOG on the control pendant. The RJH screen shows the Set Tool Offsets Menu.
- Press the WORK> function key. The RJH screen shows the Set Work Offsets Menu.
- Press the JOG> function key. This takes you to the Manual Jogging Menu.
- Title Field - Shows you the current mode and help messages.
- Pulse Jog Rate - Use the left/right arrow keys to select the increment.
- Working Data Area - This shows you information about the menu. Different information is shown for each menu.
- Function Keys - Each key corresponds to a label at the bottom of the LCD screen. Pressing a function key will perform or toggle the corresponding menu. Toggled functions are highlighted when on.
- Operator - This position tells you the distance you have jogged the axes. This does not necessarily represent the actual distance the axis is from machine zero, except when the machine is first powered on. Use the axis selection thumb knob to select the axis. Press the OPER function key. The OPER function key is replaced with the ZERO function key. With the correct axis selected, press ZERO to zero the axis.
- Work G54 - This shows the axis positions relative to part zero. On power-up, the position uses work offset G54 automatically. It then displays the axis positions relative to the most recently used work offset.
- Machine - This shows the axis positions relative to machine zero.
- Distance To Go - This shows the distance remaining before the axes reach their commanded position.
- Tool Offsets - This takes you to the Set Tool Offsets Menu.